Saturday, February 20, 2010

EDC - Outerwear

Two is one and one is none.  This is an often repeated adage that reminds us that we should keep spares for critical items.  If you ask my wife she will tell you that I take the adage to heart and beyond.  I have to admit I have an affinity for outerwear.

One of my favorites is the soft shell jacket.  I have one from North Face and one from Marmot.  I purchased both from Backwoods (to which I have no ties).  Backwoods has a retail store in my area in additional to an online presence.  I shop their twice yearly sales for 75% off bargains.  Each of the soft shells provide excellent warmth while being very lightweight.  The North Face jacket is made from their "APEX" fabric.

I am still trying to talk myself into augmenting my light jackets with a wool jacket for those instances that you want to be wearing wool vs. synthetic i.e. next to the campfire.  I am looking at Ibex and Swanndri but I have not found a jacket I like at the right price..... yet.

No comments: